Sunday 30 December 2012

Mead, friends and The doctor.

Yesterday...........
I ended up in hospital. Ok, it was a 24hr clinic in a hospital. Cause, "severe asthma attack" according to Doctor Tim. 

I had been having Asthma attacks the whole day but the last one was the worst. A friend drove me and oaks there. 
Mag-"Aren't you supposed to be off beer if you're asthmatic?"
Me-"I dont think Mead is really beer...."
Shawn-"Ya Mag, its mead, totally different."
Kersh-"If Delfi wasn't feeling too good, how come he came down?"
Me-That's why I was only having 1 drink.....

(We were having a mini poly reunion just hours before at some bar called brewerkz)


I was greeted by a friendly nurse and she led me to a room and connected me to some machines to check my heartbeat and oxygen level. I was hyperventilating a bit and she told me to relax. I was getting enough oxygen. I tried to do a little neat trick to get my heartbeat down. I got it down from 90 to 75 beats per minute and felt like Batman, I then googled healthy beats per minute and found out mine wasnt too fantastic. There goes being batman. (There is this crazy athelete guy who has his heartbeat down to 28bpm at a  relaxed state)

Doctor Tim walks in a gives me a "Yo, What up?" and leaves.
Me-"Wheeze wheeze yeah...." 
Oaky starts to check the board of in house doctors outside to check if he's for real or not.

The nurse then leads me to a different room to give me 6 pills and hook me up on a nebullizer. Picture time. Whatsapp. Darth vader look. 

When having a chat with the doctor later, I realized he smattered and sprinkled his conversations with lots of "No worries, Cheers mate, Bros" and so on so forth. Young enthusiastic guy.

Things I am trying to remember. "Cold foods No Good. Cats gotta go or be confined to one room(Not happening la). Smoke less or quit, if you social smoke, gargle your throat. 

All in All I think it was a $196 well spent.





No comments: