Friday 18 April 2008

The book.

I have just finished reading "on the road". It took me quite a while to finish, 4 months. Another lovely gift from J and J stangee. They have this knack for picking out stuff that we really like. Quite perceptive when you compare it to the fact that given my way, I would have given them this toy gun that blows glowy circular smoke rings or this mini hovercraft disc that you can kick around in the house. Oaky is the practical one. I read the note that he wrote on the book again and it made me think of all the fun times we had while doing and recording the music for the albatross.

A little history just in case my mind goes when I'm older and I'm thinking who the hell are all these people around me and then I can read this again and go ahhhh....good friends.

Ice cold beer 2004 and Nuclear families. For me, that was the beginning of something good. I will always remember the best gift ever from him and that was faith and trust. It was a little something that gave me confidence again. Its funny that after being in a band for so many years I actually knew pretty much shit about music. Yeah, I knew how to drink way loads of beer and that was pretty much all the education that I got from that. Something surfaced in me during that time which had been brewing since I was 10. This persona, this character pretty much took over when I was with the band. It wasn't their fault really. I guess I just had trouble adjusting to certain things and it made it easier knowing that I could just switch off and let someone else take over. The trouble was with me. Its taken me years to understand this and the root of it and now its over.

Today, I'm sitting here at my pc abit, writing abit. I'm gonna go work on my jazz dip in a few moments now. But before that, I just wanna say thank you again. No need to mention names eh? You know who you are.

No comments: