Tuesday 15 April 2008

Best Wishes Man...

Deva Kanniah. D.K. K.D. David Kennedy. The blues daddy from new delhi. We sent him off at the airport last Sunday. Like an Indian Jack Kerouac, he brought only the basic neccesities. His Bass, his laptop and a couple of clothes which I'm pretty darn sure won't last him for three months. He was joking at the airport that to save space for his small travel bag, he had to put his towels in the bass case. Deva was my Bass player way back when I thought that I was Chris Robinson. (He still thinks that Primus is cool... go figure) To cut to the chase, after I left, the band carried on, recorded some new material, got to know some people who knew people and yes... That's why that fella is now travelling to L.A then New York.

When I first heard the news, I thought it was a crazy and dumb idea. But then, look at us. Look at the rest of us. We work like dogs only to barely survive and we're all too scared to dream just because that's the "practical" thing to do. Playing it safe is more dangerous than you think. The truth of the matter is this. That boy will probably go there for 3 months, come back beaten, rejected thousands of times, made to look like a fool, starve a bit and all that but he'll come back alright. And then he'll dive right back in. That is what I respect him for. His guts and resilience. If all else fails, there will still be something there for him and I sure hope he finds it.

After that, me and the rest of the fellas went for a couple of drinks. It was kinda strange cuz there you have Step who's effortlessly juggling a golf game on his psp, talking bout the state of the world, bitching, catching up and most importantly chugging down his guiness. Shawn is still lil bop. Many pints later Me and Oaks left the place feeling Happy and high. I think I might just take up that madman's offer for golf this sunday...

No comments: