Saturday 18 July 2009

updates

I havent been writing in a while. Maybe I've just been overwhelmed with my stuff to do. Back when I was in the army there was a poster in camp that I remember till today. There was a picture of a duck or a swan and the caption read;
" Above water look cool and collected, under water paddle like crazy!"

I did pretty good for my jazz dip exams. At least I got that over with so I can now focus on other aspects of my playing. There is more sightreading practice, theory work, learning of all sorts of repertoire, structures, chords and these sort of things cant be learnt in a day. Gotta do more, gotta do more I guess.

I recently had a gig with J last month at the esplanade. Real nice live feel outdoors. Good fun too. I think we sounded great. I'm just waiting to hear the audio. At least this time round I didnt need to puke my guts out before a show. Butterflies in the stomach? Mine's like monsters in the attic. I hope to do more gigs like that. And for those who came that day...thanks a buncH! :)

I also did some recording work on Kel's stuff. Based on his usual speed I think that will probably come out sometime this year. For the first time, I got to record with the whole jin gang of them. Jeremy, kelvin and Justin. Its fully improvised and quite exciting cuz while you're doing the recording, you don't know what's gonna happen. I remember going thru half the song before figuring out that it was in the key of E! Apart from the usual recordings that I have done with KeL, this new batch of em features my new baby, my mm6. Its a Screamer!

Ever since I bought this keyboard it has been very busy. It, not me. It has done gigs at the esplanade, did auditions for my dad's band, did recording work, jamming with the school band and writing some of my originals.

This is quite unrelated but I just gave my cats some nip before this post. Sippy is so cute when he's high. Which reminds me, I've got a friend who reminds me of sippy or vice versa.

Yesterday, me, oaks, kelly and Menon went for lil trip to arab street/haji lane. It was part of this thing where me and oaks thought it'd be cool to take our lil friend from abroad somewhere different everytime he comes down to sg. We started by first walking along that stretch with blu jazz near it. Yes, I'm a horrible tour guide. It was packed so we decided to cruise a bit for a while. We found the museum for little children. Very classic stuff. old toys, things. Entry is $2. For the life of me I do not remember how to get there. I think its near the mosque. Ended up on the same street where we started. There is this Fab coffee joint called coffee nations. I had a cafe royale which kicks ass cuz its black coffee with brandy. The drinks are great, nice cosy atmosphere, there's even boggle to play and the best part....NO GST. Its not net cuz there is still 10% service charge but the prices are damn good. Puk you starbucks.

Tommorow...cycling. We are islanders(for a $19 yearly membership)

No comments: